When it comes to men's clothing, t-shirts are an essential that every guy should have. T-shirts are versatile enough to wear as part of any outfit. Shirts that are designed to fit men's body shapes come in a variety of cuts, fits, and colors.
When you are sourcing for your own brand, keep these key insights close in mind.
What styles of men's t-shirts are there?
When it comes to t-shirts, there are three main types:
- Short sleeves: These t-shirts can be loose or fitted, depending on the type. Some cotton tees are plain while others have logos or designs on them.
- Muscle tee: Designed for working out, these tees have a loose fit around the armpit and may have sleeves.
- Shapewear: These tees are designed to be worn underneath other clothing. They can make the body appear thinner and more fit.
What kinds of t-shirt necklines are available?
There are four main kinds of t-shirt neck styles:
- High crew-neck: This round neckline is designed to sit about 2 inches from the base of the person's neck.
- Low crew-neck: These crew-neck tees hang lower on the neck than high crew-neck tees.
- High V-neck: These tees have a neck line that makes the shape of a V. It often shows the base of the throat.
- Low V-neck: For these tees, the V-shape is more exaggerated and may show off some of the chest.
What should you consider when looking for men's t-shirts?
When looking for t-shirts, there are several things you may want to consider:
- Fabric choice: Most t-shirts are made of cotton or a cotton blend. Different fiber content in the fabric can add benefits such as moisture wicking or cooling.
- Neck type: This is more of a personal choice. Some guys like regular crew neck t-shirts while others prefer V-necks.
- Color: White shirts are the most versatile, though black shirts usually have permanent places in the closet. In addition to black and white t-shirts, you can find clothing in a wide variety of colors that work well for different skin tones.
- Designer or high street: Designer clothing, like Armani or Saint Laurent, often use premium materials when producing their tees. High street t-shirts are shirts that you often find in packs. Depending on how you use and wear your t-shirts, you may have preferences on what kind of t-shirt you want.
- Size: Depending on the brand, some tees are designed to be looser or tighter. This means that a t-shirt from one brand may not fit the same as a t-shirt from another brand, even if they are similar sizes.
Below are some examples of a basic black t-shirt for printing and a high fashion drop tail t-shirt.